• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market app update alerts not working?

I've only just realised that I'm not getting any automatic update notifications relating to apps I've downloaded and installed from the Marketplace.

I'm running 2.1 update 1 on a T-Mobile G2 Touch. I did restore my apps from a MyBackUp backup after the OTA update a few months ago.

They all show relevant updates if I go into 'Downloads' but I never get any automated notifications on the top bar on the phone. If I have three or four apps to update, then I do get to see a general updates message appear whilst I am in mid-update, but I never see it otherwise.

My wife's G1 (running 1.6) manages to do this without any problems.

I've only just realised that I'm not getting any automatic update notifications relating to apps I've downloaded and installed from the Marketplace.

Nobody else having a problem with 2.1 update 1 and the notification message icon NOT informing them of updates then? Apart from enabling the option to give me notifications for Market download updates, I don't know what else I can try to resolve this?!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones