market app updates...exclude one?Support

Last Updated:

1. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so, i have an older version of shazaam (with unlimited tags, not the newer 5/mo unless you pay) and i want to keep it that way.

is there a way to exclude an app from the 2.2 'update all' feature (which is awfully convenient)?

Advertisement
  2. dookie1

bumpity..

3. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure you are still able to update and keep your unlimited tags. I had a friend who was worried but did it anyways on a Droid 1 and had no issues.

4. khsjsilver

khsjsilver Well-Known Member

Just hope you don't have any problems that require you to do a hard reset of your phone. If you do a hard reset, you will lose all of your free apps.

5. dookie1

i keep backups of all the apps.

i suppose i could just go ahead with the update and revert back to the old one if it changes (which i hear it does)...

6. TnIan

TnIan Well-Known Member

Somewhat similar issue here. I have the Electronic Arts version of Scrabble installed, and they recently released an update that weighs in at thirty-two megs. I said screw that nonsense, I'll just keep the old version (which was pretty chunky to begin with - 20 MB or so, IIRC).

The problem is that Scrabble shows up on the "My Apps" update list, so I can't hit the "update all" button - I have to update all the other apps one by one.

Is there a way to delete Scrabble from the notification list, or break its Market association altogether, or some other way of getting it off there?

7. javamann

javamann Well-Known Member

A related problem. I usually permit automatic updates. Suppose I change my mind, is there a way of doing so?

JM

8. TnIan

TnIan Well-Known Member

I believe you can set those on a per-app basis in Market. Titanium Backup can do it as well (menu button -> Market Tools -> Market Auto-Updates).