Market app won't run after reboot

Last Updated:

1. jkreps

jkreps Member This Topic's Starter

Need some help here, please! I just rebooted my phone and now the market app won't start. All the other apps I've tried start, but market just does nothing- click and nothing happens. Any ideas? :confused:

Update:
    Found another that won't start... "Profiles (cupcake)". I'm wondering if this app is somehow causing issues now after rebooting the phone. It didn't have these issues before the reboot. But, now market and profiles aren't working. Could be related...

Advertisement
  2. jkreps

jkreps Member This Topic's Starter

Well, got things working again...only after killing the "Gmail" task. Very strange that the Gmail app would cause these other apps not to start.

I'm not even using Gmail app. I use K-9 (for gmail and aliases) and touchdown (exchange).

3. micredible

micredible New Member

:confused: I have the same problem and can't find a fix. I tried what you suggested above but nothing. I've rebooted and nothing. I've tried to Uninstall updates but there aren't any to uninstall. I did a factory reset three days ago but Market worked then as I downloaded some apps directly after.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Can you please detail the problem a little more? The original poster was referring to a problem with the Market from the Eclair version of the ROM that originally came with the D1 - most phones are either on the 2.1 version of Eclair of 2.2, aka FroYo, and that if the market associated with those versions is exhibiting this same behavior the cause may be something entirely unrelated to the the fix proposed above.

5. troll_killer

troll_killer Active Member

is the new revised market not uploadable to the OG Droid? I don't have an update waiting for me when i check. ???

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

have to manually do it for now...