Support Market Apps Finish Downloading but Won't Install

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eulerphi8, Oct 3, 2010.

1. eulerphi8

eulerphi8 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I've had this issue since the 2.2 leaks (2.2.9-2.3.15 and now with RubiX) and have finally gotten tired of it. When downloading apps or updates from the market, 1/2 the time it'll finish downloading but then won't install. It just hangs there at 100% and nothing happens no matter how long I leave it there. I have to cancel download and then re-download, sometimes multiple times, before it'll install it automatically. This happens with every app, and while I do eventually get everything install, it will still very annoying. Does anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement

2. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Male
    Intel fab tech
    Salem, OR
    Nope, never had that problem. But I've never rooted or installed any of the leaks, so probably not the same situation.

3. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Do you have Lookout Mobile Security installed? Do you have any AV programs installed at all?

Have you tried updating while on WiFi and on 3G?

4. eulerphi8

eulerphi8 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Yep I have Lookout installed. Could that be the issue? I have tried installing on both wifi and 3g, both seem to have problems.

Is Lookout worth it? It's never detected anything harmful.

5. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Male
    Intel fab tech
    Salem, OR
    The consensus seems to be that antivirus apps are worthless. I wouldn't be surprised if Lookout is what's keeping your apps from installing. Try uninstalling it and then downloading something else and see if it installs like it should.