Market auto syncs (installs) previous apps after ROM flash: How to avoid this

Last Updated:

1. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, there is literally no way that I'm the only one who has asked this question but I can't find the answer by searching. Here's my problem, after I flash my rom and restart my phone the market begins auto-downloading all the apps I previously had installed. I do not want this bc I use titanium backup for all of that.

I know I can avoid it temporarily if I skip entering my email address, but there has to be a setting for me to un check that will make it not try to auto download anything once I do add my account.

I'm sure you guys have all run into this by now, so can someone please tell me what setting will resolve this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

When you get to the final step(or close to final) when first setting everything up, where it asks you if you want to keep all your stuff synced, hit no. (or whatever it says there that shows you don't want to sync)

It may show all the apps in the market at first, but won't auto install anything.

You'll have to go into the settings after your done and re-enable it if you want to keep syncing though. (Privacy > Back Up Data)

3. tuftslax

tuftslax Well-Known Member

Actually, you can stop this through Privacy settings. Skip entering your email address like you said, go into settings-->privacy and then check back up my data which allows you to uncheck the setting for apps right underneath it (if back up data isnt checked this option is grayed out). Once that is unchecked you can go back and uncheck the back up data option.

Once that is done you are free to go back into accounts and sign into your gmail without the reinstalling of apps

4. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

^^ That's the same option I suggested, except they give you the option to disable it while setting up for the first time.

I messed up though, and said to re-enable it to go to 'Settings > Accounts', which i was wrong and meant 'Privacy > Back Up Data' like you said. Will fix that now for clarity sake.

5. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cool, thanks for the help guys. I'll give that a go.

Edit: worked like a charm, thanks again guys.