1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Market/credit card problem

Last Updated:

1. MrAngeloRogers

MrAngeloRogers Member This Topic's Starter

My credit card won't go through and it works everywhere except in the market. What's up with this? It won't let me but any apps.

Advertisement
  2. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

what country you in?
    For whatever reasons some countries cannot buy through market

3. MrAngeloRogers

MrAngeloRogers Member This Topic's Starter

I'm in the usa

4. Rick76

Rick76 Member

I am having exactly the same issue. I am in Canada and use an Amex card only. Funny thing is, I have used this same card for a few Android Market purchases without any issues. But lately, every time I try to make a purchase and click on Buy, a box comes up showing my Amex card but says, "unable to use this card for purchase" and gives me an option to add another card (which I will not do).

I have contacted Google but just get the standard canned answer, "you may not be able to purchase some apps from other countries with your card". However, I make out of country purchases all the time with my Amex card plus, many of these apps I have tried to purchase lately are from the US.

I have never had any issues with Apple in almost 4 years. Go figure.

5. moidawn

moidawn Active Member

The same thing happened with my Am Ex yesterday. I am also in the states. I used it with no problem at the store today. I'm just going to watch my statement to ensure that no charges were incurred in spite of the messages I received.