Market does not notify about updates...Support

Last Updated:

1. Mr.Transistor

Mr.Transistor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

soo i remember on my touch pro with XDA, the market automaticly notified me about app updates as soon as they happen, and that hasn't happend once on my EVO i have had to manualy check everytime, i have the settings set to notify.. is there something i am missing?

Advertisement
  2. dvrdwn

dvrdwn Well-Known Member

i would like to know as well.

3. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

That is weird. Mine seems to always notify me when there is an update. Running any sort of task killers? I am grasping at straws with that question just curious if that could cause your issues.

4. AM2

AM2 Well-Known Member

op when this happens do you happen to be on wifi? i seem to notice this happens to me when i've been on wifi alot, which is mostly when i'm at home..when i leave the wifi and go back onto 3 or 4g, i notice the update icon pops up...this has seemed to happen several times...so much so that occasionally i'll take off wifi at the house just to check for updates...just my experience...don't know if it's the reason or not

5. Mr.Transistor

i do run advanced task killer, but ws not an issue with XDA... (of course XDA is by no means comparable to Official android anyway...)

ya i use wifi once and a while but it does not seem to be the variable, either way all the market asks for is a data connection i don't think it cares if it is cellular or 802.11

this isn't the worst thing in the world but it is enough to frustrate me! grrr.

6. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Well-Known Member

I noticed as well that WiFi on the EVO will mess up pretty much anything you have set up to auto notify. My WiFi is almost always on, between work and home to attempt to save battery. I noticed that while I have it on I won't get notifications, or they come through super late. WiFi on this phone is pathetic and non friendly. It loves to just stop transferring data and never start up again. I hope HTC is working on this cause it is quite crippling to the phones experience.

7. Mr.Transistor

it seems like it is more than just the market. i don't get facebook notifications without go after them aswell and i could probably name a few other things... i am wondering if maybe there is a master setting turned off somewhere... hopfully it gets patched soon if it is a bug.

8. dcoaster

dcoaster Well-Known Member

Same here. Has anyone found a fix? Is HTC aware of this?

9. mizmellyjelly

mizmellyjelly Member

grrr...so there is no fix for this? I just got the HTC Inspire 4G and I too have just realized I'm experiencing the same problem.

With wifi I cannot receive MMS, I'd have to disable it in order to download any MMS picture or video. I also will not receive push mail. I have to open my mail inbox manually for any unread email to come through. And then there's the App Market that I have never seen a single notification for an app update.

Has anybody else gotten around this or any of these issues? :confused:

10. Evulution

Evulution Banned

You guys phones must be busted. When I open the market it will notify me of updates. I check the app market like its an email box.

11. mizmellyjelly

mizmellyjelly Member

You're not reading the complaint right. In app market when you open up menu, it gives you the option to enable Notifications. Meaning whenever an app has an update, you're supposed to be notified....without having to manually go into app market to check if there's an update. But for most people, even if you have Notifications enabled, it doesn't notify us of anything. The point is you shouldn't have to keep checking app market for updates manually.

Apparently its been a known issue with no fix yet.

12. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

How often do you guys manually power off or check for system updates on your devices.

I find my friends who don't regularly update their systems or power off, don't get updates.

Just a thought.

13. mizmellyjelly

mizmellyjelly Member

I power off/reboot everyday. Habit from when I used a blackberry.

14. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

Same here. Maybe that's why I'm not having issues.

15. mizmellyjelly

mizmellyjelly Member

But i am :(