Market doesnt work - frustratingSupport

Last Updated:

1. resqual

resqual New Member

Hello fellow androideers!
    I have a big a serious problem. Since the day i bought my Desire HD i buy pay apps on the market. Everything works fine, downloading free apps, updating stuffs but for some reason i cant buy stuffs. Had this problem since the start, one of the reasons may be that i never got prompted to create/sign in to my google checkout account.
    All that happends when i try and purchase an app is that a window appears and it says: "Server fault occured. Try again or abort and return to the following screen".
    When i press "try again" same windows appears. if i simply just klick abort i return to the market place and thats it. frustrating cause i really found some apps that i can have use of.

Thanks in advance

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Where are you based? I believe you can't buy apps in certain countries.

Is the google checkout account associated with the gmail account you have linked to your handset?
  3. resqual

resqual New Member

I live in Sweden and i know i can, cause my friend is doing it all the time on his normal desire phone.
    I recently connected an checkout account to my gmail but it doesn't seems to have solved the problem. I shall restore my phone to factory defaults and see if that solves anything.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Hang fire with the factory reset, can you install paid apps via the market website on a PC?