1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Market doesn't work

1. Crodps

Crodps Member

Hi everyone!
    My first post here.
    I have looked all over but I haven't found a solution for this.
    My android device came without the Market application installed.
    So, naturally I went and searched for an installation file.
    I found one, installed it no problem.
    But when I try to run it, it shows a white screen with the word "Loading" in the middle for about half a second and then it disappears.
    I could guess that this might be because this app is not compatible with my device....
    Hence, is there a way to properly install/reinstall the market?
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. thatperson

thatperson Well-Known Member

We need to know what device you are using to help you more with your problem. Are you using a phone or tablet? What version of Android do you have?
  3. Crodps

Crodps Member

Hi!
    My unit is an Android TV set top box, which is really like a tablet for your tv.
    It runs android v2.2, kernel 2.6.32.9.
    Please let me know if you need more info.
    Thanks in advance!
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

5. Crodps

Crodps Member

Hi!
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, this STB came from China, although it isn't the one from that video.
    This seems to be a more refined version with a 1Ghz processor; WiFi; Bluetooth; etc.
    So how do I know if this unit has been Google "certified"?
    is there a way that I can try to certify this unit myself?
    Thanks again!
  6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Moving this to the Google TV forum as that seems to be the most similar (unless you want the thread in the "Other Androids" forum, although it is quite dead over there)
  7. Crodps

Crodps Member

Hmm..
    Perhaps moving it diminishes my chances of getting an answer?
    Specially since this seems to be an "Android" issue and not "Google TV" (which is not what I have...) :confused:
  8. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Please read my previous post and let me know if you would like this thread to be moved to the Other Androids forum.
  9. Droika

Droika New Member

Hi all,
    I just saw the post above, can you pleas elaborate on "Devices have to be approved and certified to a certain specification by Google 'With Google' for them to have the Market" where can I find more information on that

Thanks!
  10. dogsb

dogsb New Member

An 'approved' Android device has an in-built id number issued I assume by google. The first thing you have to do to get market working is setup (if you don't already have one) a gmail account - this associates the device id with your gmail account and market works. e.g. I have a HTC desire and never had a problem.
    I recently bought a chinese 'flytouch clone' this is a non 'approved' device and hence market does not work (they have installed a clone market but, this only lists apps etc that are not approved for google market). To get around this problem you need to follow this : Fix Market For Slates - Wiki I have followed the instructions but, unfortunately my 'clone' will not allow me to connect to it via wifi, lan or USB as the debug enable option does not exist. Check you can connect to the device as per the article before attempting to copy or generate an ID - hope this helps.