[Market] Download unsuccessfulSupport

Last Updated:

1. Shampue

Shampue New Member This Topic's Starter

Running into an issue with one of our corporate HTC Incredibles.
    We have other Incredibles without issue so I am thinking this one is defective as I just picked it up yesterday.

When I go to the market to update or install a new app, the download animation shows on the taskbar for a moment then goes away. When I go into the market to check on the downloads, the apps show a black status bar and will not download.

I've rebooted, hard-booted, canceled downloads and tried re-installing the apps. All with the same results. Every app I try to install and every app I try to update (google maps for example) will start then immediately say "Download Unsuccessful"

Any suggestions? This user is going on a 2 week business trip starting tomorrow and I would really like for him to have a working phone, thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Sevreth

Sevreth Well-Known Member

Was the Wifi turned on? Maybe just try over 3G if you haven't already.

I have seen the black "download" bar when trying to use the wifi for data. This is one of my bigger complaints about Froyo. I have done a factory reset and still nothing.

-Sev

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I second the above advice. I've had that work a few times on market install fails. Not saying it cures the overall problem but for the short term anyway...