Support Market: downloads apps, but doesn't install them

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bresslau, Sep 8, 2010.

1. bresslau

bresslau Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    NRW, Germany
    Hi. I tried searching for an answer in these forums and elsewhere, but without luck. No good search terms, it seems.

So, here is the problem:
    1) I find an app and start downloading it.
    2) Download completes and says so in the status bar
    3) But the app doesn't get installe and I can't use it.

This doesn't happen always, but often. If I cancel the download (which is still active, even though complete), it starts from the beginning. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just hangs again.

If I knew where the market saves the (un)finished downloads, I would just go there and try to install the apks with Astro. Where do I find this folder info?

Or does anybody have a solution for the problem in the first place?

BTW, I don't have access to an open wifi network (at least not easily) andtry to keep mobile downloads to a minimum.

Cheers,
    Bresslau

Advertisement
  2. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    What firmware version? I used to get this occasionally when I was on II5. Cancelling and re-downloading the app usually worked.

Can't say I've had that problem for a while now. I'm on IK4.

3. bresslau

May 6, 2010
    NRW, Germany
    I am on II5, with Galaxo 1.6.3.4 on it, including JIT.

The info on the folder location would be still interesting, regardless.

4. velnaykkar

velnaykkar Member

Jun 25, 2010
    If the market app downloads the application but not able to install it, it should be available in /sdcard/download directory. Filename would be something like downloadfile.apk, downloadfile-1.apk...

5. bresslau

May 6, 2010
    NRW, Germany
    Hi Velnaykkar, thanks a lot. I stumbled upon this folder but wasn't sure about it.

The thing is, in this folder, I only found old downloads, probably from when I had GAOPS installed. The new ones aren't there. Well, I will keep trying.
    Cheers!

6. sgx100

sgx100 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Jobless
    New Delhi, India
    Buddy just try installing gapps again
    Might be an issue with that. If that does not help do a wipe and install Galaxo 1.6.3.4 and gapps again

7. bresslau

May 6, 2010
    NRW, Germany
    Well, I am going to reinstall everything. As I said, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But just to be sure if this happens another time: is there any other directory besides /sdcard/download to look at for downloaded, but not installed apks?