Market downloads hang on paid/free apps??

Last Updated:

1. Jaredr

Jaredr Member This Topic's Starter

Since flashing to a 2.* rom and back a few times i am now back on fresh 1.1 and I am trying to do a few updates and download new apps but everything hangs. It just says either authorizing credit card for paid or starting download for free apps. I have even let it go over night and it never finished.

Any similar issues or ideas? I have even tried going further back in my nandroid backups but they all are inop.

Advertisement
  2. John_Droid

John_Droid Well-Known Member

Are you on WiFi? I've noticed sometimes that downloads won't kick in while on WiFi. It is sporadic, sometime is works, sometimes it doesn't. Usually, when I disable WiFi, so that the downloads come over the mobile network, it works.

3. Jaredr

No WiFi. I prefer sprints bandwith.

4. John_Droid

John_Droid Well-Known Member

I prefer fastest bandwidth, so WiFi for me whenever possible. Regardless, perhaps try an RUU if all else fails, just to see if it makes a difference...

5. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

I've had this issue a couple of times, before rooting too. I just canceled the download and restarted it. The last paid app i downloaded was Set CPU, and that went nuts, it canceled and re-started itself, failed to download, and finally somehow got onto my phone (I guess via Voodoo?).

6. Addison

Addison Member

Sign out of Google talk then sign back in. It should start downloading then.

7. Jaredr

Tried signing out and then redownloading, signing out and then back in and redownloading, and signout reboot redownload.

no good.

just would hate to loose the comfort feel of the phone if i had to start completely fresh. maybe ill just wait for 2.1 and deal with it then if it still pokes its head up.