Market Downloads Not Starting - Verizon Blaming Launcher ProSupport

Last Updated:

1. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I've been having issues with my Droid X and downloads in the Market not starting, I've had to do a few data resets to fix the problem. I recently called Verizon complaining and they sent me out a replacement Droid X. The first app that I installed was Launcher Pro and then downloaded quite a few more apps. A few hours later I tried download more apps and they have again gotten stuck on "starting download". I called Verizon tech support and explained what was going on, he then proceeded to tell me that he can guarantee that Launcher Pro is the cause of the problems and that I need to delete it. He claims that it does not work properly with the X. I told him that I got an X on July 1 and did not have a problem with the Market until recently and he again said that LP is causing the problem. Has anyone else heard of this, it makes no sense at all.

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

No, that tech is wrong.

3. llamakc

llamakc Well-Known Member

Have you tried removing it to test his suggestion? To prove him wrong?

4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I uninstalled it with him on the phone and they still wouldn't start. I had to do a data reset and once I had it set back up apps would download again.

5. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

Yea, the only way to really find out is by removing LPP and seeing if you can d/l apps that way. Personally, I have LPP and don't have this issue, so I have every reason to believe the tech is wrong. Maybe you downloaded a bad app that might be an issue.

6. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

yeah and I bet he probably has ATK on his phone too! stupid tech! LOL

7. Nightwind Hawk

Nightwind Hawk Well-Known Member

I always have issues with the market downloads. IMO it's the buggiest part about Android... you tell it to download but it'll just do it when it feels like it!!!