Market- Force CloseSupport

Last Updated:

1. howbizah

howbizah Member This Topic's Starter

I had LauncherPro installed on my phone and it was set to automatically upload. It is currently stuck like it is downloading and sometimes it even says it's 100% downloaded, but nothing happens after that. If I click on cancel download, it force closes the market every time. I tried deleting LauncherPro and reinstalling it, but now I have lost it and can't get it back. I am still able to install and update other apps without any problem. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

I am not much help, but my market keeps force closing today and I am unable to update my apps. Maybe it is a problem with the market?

3. panicws

panicws New Member

My LauncherPro is doing the same thing when I cancel the download in the Market app.

I have been searching around the interowebz all afternoon without any explination.

4. howbizah

I wish I could help you with your problem, but all of my other apps have been updated and I can download new apps without any issue.

5. Lomallin

Lomallin Well-Known Member

Go into system settings, Manage Applications and select the Market App.
    Next, use the Empty Cache option, you do not need to clear all data (the button above it), just empty the cache.

Once you do this, go back into the market app and the downloads screen should clear back to normal. I regularly do this once a month or so when the same things happen.

inzandity and howbizah like this.
  6. howbizah

Thanks....I tried that, but it still didn't fix the problem.

*Update- I was afraid to clear the data because of a warning message that I got, but I tried that today and that solved the issue. So the solution is Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All> Market> Clear Cache> Clear Data

7. ron1967

ron1967 Member

I just wanted to add that I had the same issue on a loaner I have, an HTC Legend and I had to go into the Manage Applications like Lomallin and Howbizah stated above, but I had to go a step further and unintall the updates too the market. After that, it worked fine.

8. dbaduff

dbaduff New Member

I don't know if this thread is still active but I did all of the above PLUS uninstalling all the updates to the market app. I'm using a G1 still. I know, I know.

dbaduff