Market from ouside the USA

Last Updated:

1. obo1956

obo1956 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys,

At the moment Im a Iphoner, but have pretty much decided to go over to the Nexus one. I plan on buying one while Im in the states this summer.
    I will get a sim free because I dont live in the states. I have been researching and have read in a few places that if your sim is not a US one then you cant download from the Market. Im in Israel and before I buy I want to know if this is true. I really dont want to root the Nexus (enough of that with the Iphone).
    Any help would be great
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. peadar

peadar Well-Known Member

While you're in the States, get a US T-mobile sim card. Bring it home. When you want to buy an application, put in the sim card, connect to your wifi (you *must* be on wifi for this to work) and you will be able to access the market.

Take out the sim when you've finished.

3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

I'm in the UK and the Market is fine, it is true that there are some countries that are restricted though, you can get round that with 'Market Enabler' if you root your phone.

4. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Also; Rooting with the N1 should be significantly easier then jailbraking an iPhone. So if you've jailbroken an iPhone this should prob be a walk in the park :p

5. obo1956

obo1956 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help.

As I said Im at the moment with a Iphone and I can hook up to the apple store with any sim.
    I dont understand if I connect to the Market with wifi why do I need a T-mobile sim card?

If I have to have one, can I get a prepaid one?

Thanks for the help

6. twolves14

twolves14 Member

7. techdaring

techdaring Well-Known Member

I'm from outside us and i using android market to download, it's allow you. Confirm again , it's ok, don't worry. You just be fine if purchase one

8. mpopis

mpopis Active Member

I just came back from Europe and I only had access to free apps.

9. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

In the link posted above you can see where in Europe you have market acces and where you'll have acces to paid apps.
    So for most parts in Europe you'll have acces to the market, but not to paid apps.
    Like here in Belgium. We've had our first android phone available here since 2 years but still no way to pay for apps through the market.