Market hangs at Starting download

Last Updated:

1. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I know this is a duplicate post. I posted this last night in the regular Sprint HTC forum, but it may be more root related...and I thought those of you that frequent this forum may be better at coming up with the fix.

Summary... Had to RUU back to 1.5, then re-rooted and restored back to a nandroid of ZenROM. Market has always worked fine, until after this process yesterday. I am able to search the market, it says the app will download, but never does. All my contacts are there, web works, email works, I have rebooted, restored to a different Nandroid... still hangs at starting download. Googling turns up a few responses regarding British users having their gmail adresses wrong... "googlemail" vs "gmail" but that isn't the issue here...

One possibility...when I RUU'd back to 1.5, I MAY have accidently typed the gmail address incorrectly...(I have two that are similar except for one digit) But when I restored back to the ROM I'm using, it shows the correct address in the accounts and sync area. This is the only thing I can think of.

Any help guys? Before I RUU again?

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I actually think this is more of a signal (reception) error. It happens to me occasionally and I just turn off mobile network and re-enable it. Usually works for me afterwards.

3. JB in AZ

Tried that, no help. However, tried it again, and noticed that when I go to Settings/Wireless & Networks/(set options for) Mobile Networks, I get the message "Sorry! The process com.Android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. FC" This is all very strange, as texts work, email works, web works, VVM works. Tried it on wi-fi and mobile network. I was able to download the app I wanted thru the browser and install just fine.

4. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

I do not know if this will work and am not responsible for any damage you cause your phone trying this (it shouldn't do anything bad :)), make a nandroid first, then try this:

Go here and download the Google Shits. Then open up the file, and find the market apk (i believe it might be called vending). Put that file in your android-sdk-windows/tools folder and push the apk to /system/app/

Again, I do not know if this will work, but it might..

5. JB in AZ

Thanks for the suggestion, ccapasso! I got it working again. YAY! I figured IF I did in fact mistype the google email address, then I needed to re-set it up again, so I wiped and flashed the ZenRom clean. Setup the google acct again, so I could access the market, and it worked...so I then wiped, and restored my nandroid of my ZenRom (all set up already), and now it works again.

I can't stress enough, that rooting and modifying the Hero is easy, but it is extremely important to follow instructions exactly, and be very aware of typos! (which, unfortunately, I am very prone to! :eek: )

6. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you got it working. And yes, following directions is very important :). I for one can't stress enough how much easier it is if people copy/paste when they can, as it eliminates many many Typos :)