Market having different results when searchingSupport

Last Updated:

1. _Ash_

_Ash_ Member This Topic's Starter

Would anyone know of a reason that the Android Market can find applications on my Samsung Galaxy yet when my wife tries with her HTC Wildfire those same apps can't be found?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

are they on different versions of android? the market is different for different versions............... you will only see apps that will work on your phone...... its smart.....its a smartphone

3. _Ash_

OK I see. No, both phones are running 2.1 Eclair but now you've said that maybe there is something subtlely different.

4. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I know some phone carriers lock out certain apps from running on their phones. What apps in particular are you looking for that you can't find?

5. _Ash_

Well the latest one I've looked for is BoomShine. Found on the galaxy but not the wildfire.

6. fickleninkel

fickleninkel New Member

i get this when searching for trainline - got it on a vodafone running 2.3 but cant find it for a voda running 2.2

so android isnt a walled garden? wtf?

7. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

The stuff that you can't find in the market on your wildfire is the stuff that won't work on your wildfire.

For example anything that needs full Flash like Google Earth - wildfire only has Flash-Lite

8. ephbee

ephbee Well-Known Member

most likely the app doesn't support qvga screensize which the wildfire runs, or not enough processor power.
    there are quite a few app that can be seen online but aren't available for wildfire, i.e. flash 10.1/10.2