Market issue

Last Updated:

1. garysayer76

garysayer76 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all , been having a bit of trouble with the market lately . I'm unable to install app updates for facebook and twitter . Both of them download fine , but I get the "intallation unsuccessful" message almost immediately after download . I've tried emptying market cache and clearing data , to no avail . I'm running Elelinux 2.2 SE if that matters at all . Has anyone else been having this problem ?

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Welcome to the club, Gary. :(

Yup, it occurs periodically for me. It's behaved itself for the past week or so, which probably means that it will start acting up for me now.

Something that usually works for me is to cancel the d/l, and then select "install". 99 times out of 100 this goes smoothly, which makes me think that the problem is with the Market data linked to downloaded apps.

3. garysayer76

Hey Slug. I gave that method a try. Now I'm getting a "package file not signed correctly " error message. This only seems to be happening with twitter and facebook application updates.

4. Slug

Are you using the 'skinned' version that Elelinux made available, by any chance? If so check the support thread over at XDA for updated versions. Failing that, I can only suggest uninstalling via Application Management and then attempting to reinstall. I don't use either app myself so can't be of any more help.

5. garysayer76

I finally got it figured out . I had to delete both APK's through root explorer , clear the davlik cache and then reboot . Both installs worked like a charm !

6. Slug

Glad to hear that it sorted itself out. :)