Market Issues

Last Updated:

1. shawn418

shawn418 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Tried making my first purchase from the market today and it keeps declining my card (MC). This even though the bank sees the initial $1.00 hold go through and approve, then the rest comes through and denies. And before anyone asks, all the card info is correct and yes I have enough money to buy the apps.

Was curious if anyone else has experienced this and what they may have done to remedy this?

Advertisement
  2. shawn418

Maybe more info is needed. I'm trying to purchase Beautiful Widgets.

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Try a different card?

4. shawn418

Only have one card. But thanks.

5. salpiche

salpiche Well-Known Member

try making a small purchase from one of the online stores that use google checkout, I had the same issue everything was corrected after I purchased the stand for my hero using google check out.

6. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

I had the same issue. It is an issue with your card provider because of the currency exchange (i.e. Beautiful Widgets is a purchase that is either in british pounds or Euros, cant remember which).

Unfortunately, your card will not be able to accept it. I have four credit cards and a bank atm/debit card. I tried the bank card first - no luck. I then tried my Discover cards thinking since it is an internationally accepted card that it might work, and no. I then tried one of my Visa's through Chase bank and NOPE. Finally, my Citi Platinum Visa allowed the charge.

It is all up to the terms and services of the financial institution who provides you with your card. NOT a Google issue.

7. shawn418

Is there a way to get the bank to accept them? So this could happen to me if I was to travel to another country and try to use the card?

8. sprucebeach

sprucebeach Well-Known Member

If it hasn't been your recent practice to make purchases on the card in that country your card provider will probably reject the charge. Just call them and tell them that you want to make the purchase. I frequently travel overseas and routinely call the providers of the cards I intend to use so that I won't be inconvenienced by any rejections. I even do it if I'm traveling to non-routine places in the US.

9. shawn418

The bank told me that they have blocked all transactions from the UK. See the authorization comes from the U.S. but the charge comes from the U.K. And there is no way to unblock it.

P.S. I was trying to buy Beautiful Widgets and Touiteer Premium and they are sold in euros.