1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Market issues???

Last Updated:

1. Brian

Brian Active Member This Topic's Starter

is anyone else having issues with the market? every time i try to install a new app or update an app i already have it just hangs on 'starting download' and will do nothing for days if i let it, i restart the phone and within seconds it starts downloading and usually installs, but after the phone has been up for a few minutes i get the same issue. anyone else have this issue? and does anyone know of a fix or at least some sort of explanation?

Advertisement
  2. my05

my05 Active Member

Hi Brian,

No explanation, unfortunately, but i do experience the same thing as you do. Application downloads seems to "hang" for a long time. After rebooting the phone, they usually start to download again.

This is not the first time that the market has had issues. Some time ago, update notifications did not work either.

kind regards

Daniel

3. DThor

DThor Active Member

Not sure if you tried this, but logging into googletalk(gchat) usually gives it a kick. Weird, I know. However, apart from that, I haven't seen what you describe yet.

DT

4. Brian

Brian Active Member This Topic's Starter

ill give it a try, i usually log out of google talk and yahoo messenger to help prevent lag. my friends with the g1 havnt experienced it either and im wondering if its a hardware issue but it seems like it would be software.

5. Skaterkid3783

Skaterkid3783 Member

When ever this happens to me i usually just restart my phone and download it and it will be fine