Market keeps crashingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Madmax56

Madmax56 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

after installing 2.1 when ever I try and run Market I get the following error:

The application Market (Pprocess com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly.
    Please try again.

All I can do is force close. If you go to manage applications it is not there so I can not clear cache etc.

Anybody have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Do the following:

Homescreen > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Market (Uninstall Updates)

Than try the Market again. Should be good to go..

3. Madmax56

there in lies the problem. Because it crashes it will not show up in the manage applications. This will only show applications that are in memory at that time

4. Madmax56

Anybody have any ideas?

I have tried clearing the cache and data, no go. I tried uninstalling updates and no go.

I had a back up version on my sd card and restored it through ASTRO. That would get it to run again but when I tried to download from the market it gets stuck in an endless loop. When I cancel the download then I get back to the same Forced Closed error.

I have not tried to repair with SEUS yet as I am on a Mac and need to make my way to a PC to try that.

5. Madmax56

Well, I fixed it by doing a factory reset. Unfortunately I had to reload everything... again.

I think I know what caused the problem. When I restored my apps through my backup on ASTRO, there was an old Market entry there. I think I restored it and that caused my problem.

Cheers.