Market - missing apps

Last Updated:

1. Deviruchi

Deviruchi Member This Topic's Starter

My marketplace is screwed. On the main market screen I see no featured apps, and when I search I am missing a lot of results.
    For example I cant find Last.fm or Photoshop apps, and even when scanning their barcodes the search finds nothing. Whats wrong here?

I know there are similar threads out there, but they dont seem to solve my issue.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Where are you located?

Availability of apps in Market depends on your location; paid apps are only available in a limited selection of countries right now, and some others are limited to particular locales due to licencing restrictions or the developers' decision.

3. Deviruchi

I am in Beijing, China.
    Wierd thing is that I was able to find them a few days ago.
    I still dont have any apps in the "featured apps" section, and when searching it seems I can only find free apps. Maybe its the same issue others are experienceing after all.
    Its really annoying.

4. Slug

I believe it's down to (a) the locale of your handset and (b) the APN used to connect as to what the Market makes available. Did you change anything in (for example) Settings/Locale & text or Settings/Wireless controls/Mobile network settings just before this developed?

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

You can double check by using barcode scanner on this:

[​IMG]

That is the barcode for the photoshop app, if the barcode reader can't find that app in the market then it is probably your location that is the problem.

6. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

I'm in the UK on orange, and cannot access these apps either. I can't find the photoshop app, google search by voice and loads more.

7. Deviruchi

I did use the Morelocale app to change my locale from English to Danish, but I changed it back again. The point was that I wanted a danish dictionary for sms messages and mail, since I am danish, but my phone is bought in China, and it only has English and Chinese locale. I changed it back because I liked the english menus and stuff better, and instead I will just add danish words to the English dictionary as I use it. (Also I found a danish keyboard and dictionary app which does the job).
    I am not sure what an APN is though, but I am connecting through my wireless internet switch in my apartment or at starbucks. Both places my computer is able to access the adobe and last.fm sites. I can confirm that its still not working from my phone after testing with the barcode added by Lekky.

Please elaborate on the APN and Locale subjects, more specifically, what am I supposed to do to access the apps mentioned above?

8. Slug

APN: the settings for accessing your mobile data network. Doesn't apply if using wi-fi.

Locale: the language and region set in the handset options.

I don't think China is yet on the list of locations where paid apps are available, so this may have some bearing on what you see. However the fact that it used to work then suddenly didn't is mystifying.

9. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

I'm in the UK, not using paid apps, and I still can't find a lot of apps, they were there before and are gone now! Really annoying! Anyone got a solution?

10. Deviruchi

After changing to my danish sim-card and back to my chinese one, the featured apps are back in market main screen, but I still cant find paid apps. :(

11. Pottsy

Pottsy Member

Doesn't work for me now either. Orange branded Hero on Orange in UK.

12. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

Ditto, anyone find a solution?

13. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

No, its not open for us. I think only the Americans can get it atm.

14. rioja

rioja Guest

I'm in Canada and I know we don't have paid apps. But there are a few free apps I've looked for and they don't come up in Market either. Not sure why. I've scanned the QR Code with the barcode scanner, still get nothing.

One example is an F1 app. I scan the barcode below and it's not found in the Market:

[​IMG]

15. Deviruchi

I solved the problem.
    I dont know what really did the trick, but after updating to Modaco custom rom 2.9 I got Market Enabler working (Market Enabler wasnt working with Modacos 2.8 chinese version, which I was using since my phone is chinese), and so I am able to fake US status and download US and Canadian market apps. Photoshop proved to be one of those.
    Thanks for the suggestions, help much appreciated allthough it didnt get me very far. :p

16. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

What about us who use the ordinary HTC rom! I don't even have google search by voice on the market. It used to be there, I read somewhere that its because of the 1.6 update for android. So hopefully we should have the apps in 2.0?

17. techjunky

techjunky Member

It has to be a hero problem. Im in America and its not finding simple apps. Photo Vault i payed for, hard reset my phone...it disappeared. Now it wont pull up in the market. Very frustrateing!!

follow me www.twitter.com/imchrismoss

18. Monkey

Monkey Well-Known Member

I just put Photoshop in the search box in the Market
    and I got a result straight away Guys.
    I am on 3 Mobile here in England.

19. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Yeah they have opened it up to other countries now, think this happened yesterday.

20. rioja

rioja Guest

Nice! All the apps I couldn't see before have suddenly appeared! :D

21. fredphoesh

fredphoesh Active Member

Same here!
    VERY irritating, free apps, paid apps, makes no difference, it all seems very random. I could not find Barcode Scanner, ShopSavvy, App Killer, Layar etc etc... driving me nuts really.

Mark.

22. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

When did you last update your rom ?.

23. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

The most recent orange update (Menu>About Phone>build number 2.73.61.66) From what I can figure out has problems with copy written apps, from what I can gather Google has to clear the ROM to allow the copy written apps to be used, once google clears it you should be able to access them. Till then I sugest contacting HTC support, I e-mailed them, still awaiting their reply.

24. fredphoesh

fredphoesh Active Member

Hi Andy and Griever,
    I have a modaco 3.1 rom, which I cooked about a week ago. I have only had the phone for 10 days.

Griever, Im not sure what you mean, but before I flashed it with modaco, I did clear the phone memory using the utility that comes up when you press power-home to boot.

It seems odd that this happens with as many free apps as paid for ones.

Tx
    Mark.

25. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

I can't speak for modders, however I know a few of the apps I could access before I updated my Orange ROM(only a few nights ago). I can't access now, various research and mailing a few devs has led me to this conclusion, however it hasn't been confirmed or denied as HTC have not yet responded to my mail.