Market not downloading/installing appsSupport

Last Updated:

1. papermonkey01

papermonkey01 Well-Known Member

Not sure if there's a thread about this or not. Lately I've been having some trouble downloading/installing apps from the market. Its random and frustrating. Basically I click buy or install or download and it looks like its trying to start the download but just sits there instead. Sometimes backing out and trying again works, sometimes stopping download manager and clearing the cash works, but not consistantly. Any ideas?

2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

yes i and a couple others have mentioned this in other threads. its happened a couple of times with me but not on paid apps... ive also done your workaround to get them to load.

i think if i had waited a minute those "hanging"apps would have started the download...
  3. androidguy65

androidguy65 Well-Known Member

I get hanging apps on my phone too. I just wait it out, works 100% of the time.
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. papermonkey01

papermonkey01 Well-Known Member

so what?? I gotta be patient?? sheesh what is this world coming to
    marctronixx likes this.
  5. BoozeRob

BoozeRob Well-Known Member

I'm getting unsuccessful updates.... any ideas?
  6. marctronixx

not sure what you mean by unsuccessful updates?

are they timing out?

are you on wifi? 3g?

did you clear cache to the market app, reboot the device?

did you attempt install from the android market from, say, a desktop computer?
  7. BoozeRob

BoozeRob Well-Known Member

Meaning I would attempt to update (or even install new apps) and it would download, start to install, then come up with the little triangle that says "update/install was unsucessful".

I figured it out... apparently according to a Moto tech, this thing is designed to prevent you from installing apps unless you have 2 GB or more of data free. Lame.
    marctronixx likes this.
  8. AcesFull

AcesFull Active Member

I'm having the same problem. Waiting it out doesn't work. Sometimes it takes several attempts to install an app. No little triangle for me, I hit install, and it just doesn't install.
  9. marctronixx

well no one is saying this is normal.. even having to wait is an issue.

point is your not the only one. chalk it up to another bug that needs squashed..