Market Not Installed After 2.2 OTASupport

Last Updated:

1. TallyHo

TallyHo Member This Topic's Starter

Like a moron, I got so excited about the Froyo OTA, I forgot to unroot before I upgraded. Luckily for me, the upgrade installed without any errors.

The only negative (big one i might add) is that the Android Market is not installed on the phone. Luckily for me I have a backup of about 90% of my apps and was able to reinstall them (after I did a factory reset in the hopes of the market installing itself). My phone is working regualry for the most part besides the last 5 or 6 apps that I installed and hadn't backed up on the sdcard.

My questions are:

1. If I root the phone now, I should be able to put the vending.apk back into the system, correct?

2. I have the sdk on my pc, but for the life of me I can not get adb to recognize the device. I've tried every combination of debugging and usb connection type. I am using a windows 7 pc and will try a windows xp machine tonight.

3. What is the command line in adb that I would need to push the vending.apk?

- adb devices (if I can ever get it to find the device lol)
    - adb push vending.apk /system/app
    -??????

Am I even on the right trac here? sorry, new to android and am not really the best prgrammer lol.

If I can't get adb to recognize the device, i guess I am stuck with not having the market until an on device root method (easy root come on baby....I donated to you lol) is presented for DX 2.2.

Any help any of you geniuses can shoot my way would be uber appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. TallyHo

Bump..........anybody out there have any idea on how to get the vending.apk onto my phone?

3. TallyHo

Bump

need the command line to push vending.apk to my phone.

thanks in advance