Market Not Working - I did bad HELP!

Last Updated:

1. Drazzamatazz

Drazzamatazz Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I understand there are known issues with the Market getting stuck at "Starting Download" but here's my problem.....I removed GoogleTalk which seems to be the route of the issue and now I can't seem to get it back.
    Also, ever since then I get the following error message upon booting:
    "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_201008021101_com_google_process_gapps.log has been saved. Use *#9900# to copy out log."
    I'd rather not have to factory reset since I'm already rooted and was just getting things the way I liked them......help please?

Advertisement
  2. Drazzamatazz

I see I'm getting some views but no replies....is everyone as lost as I am?
    I feel as though if I could just get GoogleTalk back things would be okay, but I can't seem to find where to download it. Google website simply launches it in the browser.

3. Sledutah

Sledutah Well-Known Member

If you do a factory reset, you won't loose any data (music/documents) on internal or external memory. Also, you won't loose the root. I did a reset a few days ago and was surprised that all my music was still in the phone (internal memory) and didn't loose the root.

4. Drazzamatazz

Is this so? I guess I might give that a whirl, is there a strong possiblity this will solve my problem?

5. Drazzamatazz

I reset and still have Superuser. I was thinking about backing up all my apps but I figured this is a good way to get rid of the ones I wasn't using anyways. Hopefully now the Market actually works.

6. Drazzamatazz

So reset and Market is still not working, I need some serious help here please. Google Talk did not come back and not only did I lose all my apps I can't get more.

7. RP88

RP88 Member

8. Sledutah

Sledutah Well-Known Member

9. Drazzamatazz

So there's really no way to get Google Talk back? Bummer, I guess Odin it is.

10. rob989_69

rob989_69 Well-Known Member

just search for the apk in your /data/app folder. Requires root access and root explorer, if you find it, install it. If not, let me know, I can probably hook you up. Now if that doesn't fix the market I'd say use the Odin restore mentioned above.

11. Drazzamatazz

I actually went ahead and did the Odin restore which went over without a hitch. Then quickly rerooted and tried to get Titanium Backup back.........and it worked!! Market should be good now, I'm going to get a few more apps and I'll post back whether things seems to be working out. Thank you everyone for your help