Market not working on my Evo??Support

Last Updated:

1. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok my market was working fine all throughout yesterday. I tried to download something today and got the explanation point that the download was unsuccessful. Power cycles my EVO and im getting the same thing. Anyone else having this problem

Advertisement
  2. dreads2you

dreads2you Member

good so it was not just me but i never got any explanation point just would not down load anything so i called sprint and they said they have nothing to do with the market :confused:

3. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

lol, well I was able to load the market and bring up searches it was just the downloading part that kept giving me the error, but I got it working again, I signed into my gmail on the google search page... it prompted for one of those captchas (?), so I entered the little code and was able to download from the market again... it was really bothering me lol.

If you haven't tried yet, try pulling out your battery, pwr cycling, and trying to sign into your gmail on the Evo's browser

4. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

Not much help...but it seems others are in the same boat.

androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/180678-android-market-issue.html

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Aaannd.... nope! I got no issues. Just downloaded five random games to test. Not one issue here... though i am rooted, might have something to do with it.

6. imagecolour

imagecolour Member

Same problem here, hope someone with great idea can help. I am also struck on my HTC evo

7. tmwilsoniv

tmwilsoniv Well-Known Member

I've been having the same problems intermittently for a few weeks now. I read somewhere here or over at XDA to clear the Market cache:
    Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Market > Clear Cache.
    This plus a re-boot seems to fix it most of the time for me. Could be coincidence, who knows?

8. oldsmoboat

oldsmoboat Well-Known Member

Happened to me once. I had turned something off in the settings. I couldn't remember what so I just restarted the phone and the market was working again.

9. jason81

jason81 Well-Known Member

This happened to me the other day, and after extensive research I found a solution that worked. I can't explain why or how this works, but it did for me: toggle your wifi on then off.

10. mas90guru

mas90guru Well-Known Member