Market not working

1. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'm the only one with this issue, but yesterday in the evening my phone stopped downloading apps from the market. I've had this issue before like 5 months ago and I even reset my phone and it still didn't work but it got fixed on its own like in an hour or so, therefore I don't want to do a hard reset because of that. Today, it's been already almost 8 hrs and my phone still won't download any applications. I already tried rebooting my phone, cleaning the Market's cache and uninstalling its updates (even though they got reinstalled on its own) and it's still stuck on "Starting download...", but it won't download any apps. I also tried using my WiFi at home and still nothing, I still got plenty of space in my internal memory as well. I don't even get any error messages. Any help with this? BTW, I'm rooted, but I'm still using the stock HTC ROM. I decided not to install any other custom ROM's, since everytime I do so, my phone gets trouble installing OTA updates and connecting to the internet.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Try updating your handset's PRL and Profile. After that, reboot your Sprint HTC Hero again. Sometimes that helps out with things. The Android Market will come back eventually.

If you are on a custom ROM, you should not be seeing prompts for OTA updates at all. If you are merely rooted and on the stock Android 2.1 with Sense ROM, you may see OTA update notifications, but you can always ignore those.
  3. Lozer_Kid

I already updated the PRL and profile. It's already 2 days and my Market still won't work. Yesterday in the evening the internet went away for a couple of hours and today is back, but the Market still won't work. We have an Epic and the internet also stopped working completely but that phone is working fine now. My internet is working again, it's just my Market not working even with the WiFi at my house. I'm tired of my phone not connecting to the internet, or something wrong going on with it. This is my 5th Hero. Can't wait to ditch it for another phone 'til something else better than what Spring has now comes out.
  4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

The stories of people going through multiple handsets always baffle me. I have been on the same one since February 2010 and have had zero issues. :cool:

I guess you just have had a spate of bad luck. I wish I could offer you some other advice. :(
  5. Lozer_Kid

I guess I'm just one of the unlucky ones... *sigh*