1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Market Place App Previews

Last Updated:

1. drewjohn

drewjohn Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new to android coming from a Pre. i don't see how you are able to see a preview of an app you are thinking about buying. where are the pics? vids? the Pre app store had both on the buy/download page.

i cant figure out why i would buy an app that i can see a few pics of along with a discription

Advertisement
  2. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Well-Known Member

A lot of apps in the Market have pics. I'm a tad confused.

3. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

There's no vids but there's plenty of pics (though not all apps show pics)

4. drewjohn

well i must be just a little unlucky picking them, but it does seem like a large majority don't. i used my girl friends and roomates phone and also asked both of them and they both said no previews of apps. i'll have to try it out some more. but it does seem like every app should have pics.

5. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

It is a bit crap - Android limits the number of characters and pictures a dev can place on the site. Hopefully that will change as its one of the weak areas. On the plus side you can try before you buy. 24hrs is a nice road test period.

6. drewjohn

didn't know about that. thanks.

7. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Yup, buy it, try it, and if you don't like it, uninstall it from the Market, and you won't get charged for it.

8. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

Alot of times if you also look @ the official website you will get screenshots there. I do not find too many that do not have any pics on the market itself but if I need to I hit the official site link or google for video reviews etc. The 24 hour refund policy is nice but I have yet to use it.

I mainly search for apps from appbrain.com - best thing out there and of course the appbrain application along with fast web installer make things easier altogether

AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games