1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Market place being screwy.

Last Updated:

1. Menddles

Menddles Guest This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else's marketplace been acting up? When ever I try to download something new or an update it will say "starting download" and just stay like that. I'm been trying to download a game and its been stuck for 2 days. The only way I can get it to work is to reset the phone. Any help?

HTC Desire Z

Froyo 2.2

2. lava9611

lava9611 Active Member

Sep 4, 2010
    No problems here. The did some updating the Market on the developer side, but I haven't seen any impact downloading or updating apps.
  3. Menddles

Cheers anyway. I still got the problem, they didn't fix anything for me. Anyone else can think of a way to fix this? Its really getting on my nerves.
  4. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    That has happened to me a few times; usually just clear market cache then go back to the download; sometimes will need to cancel the download and retry it.
  5. Menddles

I've tried clearing the cache and didn't work. Tried cancelling and trying again, it just downloads when It wants to or when I reset the phone. Anyone else got any more ideas?
  6. JohnKuczek

JohnKuczek Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I am having this issue also, but it is with a new purchased app only. Updates of existing apps seem to be working.
  7. Menddles

Like a dumb bastard I didn't look at the market help section. You have to be signed into Google talk in odrer to download apps. Why? I don't know but it works now.