1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Market place ...extra charges?

Last Updated:

1. mr.menendez

mr.menendez Active Member This Topic's Starter

Purchased one program for $.99 , checked my bank account and i have the $.99 purchase along with 2 other purchases of $1.00, is that a market place fee?

Advertisement
  2. thetruth

thetruth Member

I have the same question. I bought an app for $1.49 and I also got charged an extra $.99, not sure why.

3. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member

From what I gather, these are Credit Card handling charges. I have been charged

4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

The $1 you are seeing may just be a 'holding' or 'set up' sort of thing that won't actually be taken out of your bank, I see that every time I buy an app and it never is really taken out.
    The 'handling' fee, in my experience, is for non-USD purchases. I have never seen it on a USD charge/app but have on foreign charges/apps. I could be way off here but, since it shows a separate charge in my bank account, I thought it was my bank and not Google or the market.

5. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member

The only time I've ever had an extra charge was when I bought apps from outside the US. I use Amex for US purchases and Visa for overseas. It might be a bank charge rather than a Google charge.

6. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member

True I never thought of that. Even so, Google, COULD put a message at checkout stating that Regional Bank Charges May Apply.

Andy