Market Place Issues (VZW Droid Incredible)Support

Last Updated:

1. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Unsure if this is an Incredible, Verizon or me type of issue, but... (Mod's please feel free to move this elsewhere if you think it's misfiled)

I've not been able to download squat-diddly from the marketplace (either standard or via AppBrain) since something like Sunday Lunchtime (not tried anything since Saturday night so i'm not really sure when the problems first hit).

Now, granted I've an S-Off'd :) Roted FroYo - BUT my parter who has an unrooted and totally stock Incredible was also seemingly unable to download anything either.

I tried rebooting - no joy. Tried flipping between 3G and WiFi - still no joy. Even tried in a whole different location 15 odd miles away - still no joy.

No matter what I try,m downloads of new apps, updates of existing or updates of paid apps (which results in a constant 'Authorizing Purchase') I seem to be, as the phrase goes, S-oo-L.

Anyone any ideas? I'd hate to call VZW until I'd got some advice from folk who actually know what they''re talking about...

Located in Cincinnati, OH if that's any help to anyone.

Thanks

R

Advertisement
  2. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...I think I was running low on app space - I'd no idea the Alpha Fennec I'd recently downloaded came in at 30MB :eek:

I removed that and a couple of other apps and then, all of a sudden - blammo - along came all my installs one after 'tother.

Granted I did see a Notification Message warning I was low on space, but I didn't put two and two together (it's been a long weekend fixing strange Window's 7 freezes on my partner's PC - my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :cool: )

Now just why the market place couldn't display this as a message instead of just sitting there is something I'm not sure of, however I'm seemingly back up and running again. Not sure why my partner can't download either - think I'll have to fritz with her phone next! :D

3. cooksalot

cooksalot Well-Known Member

Okay this may sound weird, but sometimes my phone won't finish the install when I hold it in portrait mode. When I turn it on it's side and it's in landscape boom! downloads and installs no problem. Go figure? And only since the update too.