1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Market slow?

Last Updated:

1. darweth

darweth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just receive my Evo! My service/port is not yet activated but I am using the phone via Wifi. Why is the market slow? Searching is fine, but when I click through an app, it takes a while for the info to show up. The same is true with the install page. Just blank white boxes for a bit. Is this common?

The download page also takes quite a while to show up and it shows all the apps I've downloaded and used so far as STILL INSTALLING. Hrm?

Advertisement
  2. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

One of my purchases (MyBackup Pro) has been "authorizing purchase" for 4 hours now.

Not really sure what to do.

3. darweth

darweth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't think it is the market because I am having no slowdowns on my T-Mobile G1 over 3G. lol... wtf Evo and wifi?

4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I just downloaded a few apps about 5 minutes ago and notice no lag or slow speeds at all.

5. ZDK

ZDK Well-Known Member

your phone is being updated and connected to the market...after this process (usually 2-3 hrs) there will be no lag

peace
    ZDK

6. aaron580

aaron580 New Member

Mine has just started this over wifi that I know of since i dont have 3g on main level of my house. Kinda annoying...

7. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I retract my above statement. I noticed last week that it's insanely slow when downloading over wifi. Turning wifi off and using 3g results in immediately downloads. Some sort of wifi/market issue.

8. JeffR714

JeffR714 New Member

Wow I finally found some people with the same market problems well I got a replacement HTC Evo and rooted some slowness but nothing like the one I took back man I always had a speedy market. I'll keep monitoring this thread. Oh thanks for validating my problems