Market stopped working - stalled at 'starting download'

Last Updated:

1. oldnick

oldnick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

mine did on sunday when trying to reinstall record-it. Gave up in the end but it downloaded it fine on monday. Although I did email the creator on sunday to see if it was an issue with the file on the market....

3. paul5f

paul5f Well-Known Member

I've had this problem since installing a 2.2 rom. Occasionally the market either freezes at the beginning of the download or after the app has downloaded and is about to be installed. Cancelling and retrying usually works.

4. TMSsecret

TMSsecret Member

I've had this problem long before 2.2. Normally restarting the market or wait a couple of hours works fine. I think it's a problem with android market not with the phone.

5. oldnick

I contacted Orange and they said they are aware of this problem and hope to have it resolved with 24 hours.....

frazelle09 likes this.
  6. Nick_Robbo

Nick_Robbo New Member

I have had this problem for a few days now and my desire is on 02...such an annoyance

7. MF DROID

MF DROID Well-Known Member

Friend of mine has this problem on o2 aswell, working fine on my voda desire tho, strange problem

8. Antonyjwilliams

Antonyjwilliams Member

There are loads of other threads on other forums about this as well seems to be a massive problem.
    Download Issues - Android Market Help hopefully this link works. I fixed mine by changing from googlemail to gmail but you have to factory reset the phone to do this

9. Nick_Robbo

Nick_Robbo New Member

My account has always been @googlemail so I really have no idea what to do, this is a bit ridiculous. People shouldn't have to change stupid settings just to be able to download something from the market.

10. Daz666

Daz666 Member

I had this problem the other week too and there is a quick fix for it, go onto settings, manage applications and then search for the market app. When on there select clear data and you should be able to start the problematic download again :)

11. oldnick

OK I got Market back, but what a PITA!! Here's what I did:

Backed up apps and data using Mybackup Pro (30 trial)
    On the PC I changed selection of Googlemail to Gmail
    Hard reset on Desire
    Restored apps and data using MBUP (had to install the app via usb and HTC sync - yes after HR sync also started working!)
    On the phone, setup Google using Gmail
    Set up Spent 2 ****ing hours nearly getting back to where I was!! Not happy!

Good luck peeps!

12. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Well-Known Member

Mine has not worked all day either. Just tried clearing market's cache and forcing a fc, but no improvement. Very annoying. Also, if I try to cancel a hung download, market fc's all by itself.

13. x8123999

x8123999 Member

The market's downloading depends upon the GTalk service.
    1st thing to try is running the Talk app directly. If you can launch it, it often kickstarts the download.
    Last time I had this issue, Talk would not launch - I discovered when low on space on the phone's internal memory - any less than about 12mb free and Talk would not launch and, because of this, market would not download.
    Clearing space allowed me to launch Talk, et voila!
    Hope this helps.

14. frazelle09

frazelle09 Active Member

This one worked like a charm! Thanks a million!

Have a great afternoon! :)

15. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

i have this problem today, i have just changed form googlemail to gmail, but then i found this piece of info, i hope it works but only 24 hours will tell

"Android: If you use an Android device and change your address, the Google Talk app might not connect properly, but other Google applications should work fine. To fix Google Talk, you'll need to wait one day after switching your address to @gmail.com and then turn airplane mode on and then back off. After you've done this, Google Talk should work again. Note that you'll appear in Google Talk as your @gmail.com address to everyone else, even though it still shows as your @googlemail.com address on your device."

Apparantly the market needs gtalk to work, so im hoping this is my problem :-(