Market ... (umpteenth time?)

Last Updated:

1. Shieldfire

Shieldfire Active Member This Topic's Starter

Got my Desire 2 weeks ago, and have been fiddling around getting stuff installed. I've noticed lots of threads on Desire (or European version) not being able to get all apps from Market (pay-for ones? protected ones?). Is there a way around this? I've now stumbled on 2 apps I'd want to use, but I can't get them for some reason.

Advertisement
  2. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

Are you in a country that doesn't have paid apps in the market or are you getting stuck at the download point?

3. DMXXX

DMXXX Well-Known Member

I think you can enable paid apps by changing your country with some app. You have to be rooted though. I might be wrong though.

4. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

The Market won't list apps that you can find on the market web sites if:
    a) it's a paid app, and you're not in an enabled country, or
    b) it requires a feature (say, autofocus) that your phone doesn't support.
    If you can't see an app that doesn't get hit by one of these, something else is going on.

5. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

Might be worth contacting the developers directly to see if you can purchase an apk from them. You will need to make sure you tick the allow install non market apk files though.

6. Shieldfire

Shieldfire Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm in Sweden - I only see free apps so far. Can I check if I have paid apps somehow? It seems a bit weird that developers provide apps through market only - if not all users can get the apps ... lost income and all that.

EDIT: OK, more answers - thanks =) Both apps are payed-for so that could be it ... <Laziness> where do I tick non-market apk-files?</Laziness>

I've been thinking of rooting it, but haven't found a reason to be arsed yet. If it bugs me enough I might consider it then.

7. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

Market enabler will let you download paid apps from the market. I believe you need to be rooted.

market-enabler - Project Hosting on Google Code

edit: sorry only works on 1.5 or earlier. I had used it when I had a Hero, I thought it had gone abit quiet.

8. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

<effort>Settings --> Applications --> Unknown Sources</effort> :p