Market Updates.General

Last Updated:

1. ludist210

ludist210 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys.

I can open up My Downloads in the Market and see that I have two updates available, but I don't get a notification like I used to. The only way I can see that I have updates is to check in the Market. Any reason why this would be happening? Did I turn off a setting by accident?

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

it seems there is a delay with them getting to the notification bar, have noticed this.

3. ludist210

All right, so it isn't just me. Maybe this will get fixed in a future update. Thanks for the info!

4. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

my phone is the same way

5. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

maybe not even a delay but they just dont, until you open the market app, seems if you open the market app they pop right into the notif bar.

6. ludist210

Not for me. I even double-checked the "Notify Me When Updates Are Available" option. I can be staring at updates and I still won't get the notification icon.

7. jdub71

jdub71 Well-Known Member

I've noticed similar action, but last night got notfication of updates. Odd.

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Maybe it's a selective roll-out of updates. :D

9. jdub71

jdub71 Well-Known Member

:D funny

10. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I have the Sprint HTC Hero which is the distant cousin to the Verizon Droid HTC Eris and it has never (ever) provided any Market Update Notifications at all...ever! So, I consider your guys fortunate that your HTC Eris at least tries to do this.

11. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Me, too. But I've noticed a lot of junk in there. I know that one person's junk is another person's treasure, but some of that stuff looks like it's kind of spammy with ads, not to mention just low-grade graphics.

Also, a good portion of the news and weather apps available in Market just give you headlines which, when you click the headline, takes you to the news entity's home page instead of to the article.

Most of those are free, but I'm just saying that you might have to spend a lot of time scrolling through the junk to find something worth either the money or your time testing it out and maybe keeping it.

12. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I hate to beat this drum, but do you use a task killer? If you kill the market, you wont get updates.

13. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

I have a question about pay apps and updates to them. I've only purchased one app, Better Cut, and yesterday I got notification of an update so I downloaded it. During the download process, it indicated that it was verifying my credit card info again. I haven't checked my bank balance yet to see, but every time I update it, I'm not getting charged again am I?

14. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

You shouldn't be. I will have to look at that next time I get an update for one of my paid apps. Although I have never noticed anything on my bank statement and I am pretty anal about my accounts.

15. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I havent noticed either, and I have better cut

16. ludist210

I was using Advanced Task Manager.

Let me rephrase that. I downloaded Advanced Task Manager, but was not running it. I uninstalled it to see if that was part of the problem. Nothing to update as of yet.