1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Market VanishedSupport

1. metzy75

metzy75 Well-Known Member

Last night I was searching for a good battery widget and I had just installed beautiful widgets and I did not like the battery widget. I went to uninstall it and touched to open my market and it said the program did not exist and poof the icon went away. I restarted the phone and its still not there.

Advertisement
    :
  2. craZDude

craZDude Well-Known Member

Google decided yesterday that it wanted to change its branding, so it is now called the Play Store, or perhaps Google Play. Look for a colorful triangle icon in your app drawer.
    cheekys00, doogald and Duckster like this.
  3. metzy75

metzy75 Well-Known Member

A friend just explained that to me. Thanks though.
  4. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

In case anyone else can't find it, it's called "Play Store" now.
  5. MechGator

MechGator Member

I also just realized that the shortcut to the market in the top right corner of app drawer is now broken. I get "Application not installed on your phone " error. (stock Moto Blur)
  6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Obviously one of the unintended consequences of this rebranding. Moto will need to have a minor OTA to fix that icon.
  7. across81

across81 Member

Google has fixed the issue with the latest update yet I'm still on 3.4.4 and have a market. Tried to update it and it wont. Guess I'm lucky enough to keep the market.
  8. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Were you on a WiFi connection? By Bionic is on radio and it updated. My Droid X is WiFi only and has not. I was wondering if there was a connection.

... Thom
  9. Somniferum

Somniferum Well-Known Member

If you want to force the upgrade, you can download the file from Droid-Life and install it manually. No root required. Some have also said that going into Settings > Applications > Market and clearing Data will force the upgrade.
  10. SirEagle

To get the market link in the top right of the app drawer to work you have to reboot your phone. Simple as that, clearing data and cache did nothing.
  11. Thom

That did not do it for me.

I am on (you should excuse the expression) Play Store 3.4.6.

... Thom
  12. SirEagle

Mine is 3.4.7
  13. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I read earlier today that Google pushed that update that fixed this problem, as SirEagle discovered.
  14. Thom

If you have Market go to ...
    Settings | Applications | Manage applications | All | Market
    And then Clear data

If you have Play Store 3.4.6 go to ...
    Settings | Applications | Manage applications | All | Google Play Store
    And then Clear data

This will result in forcing the update to Play Store 3.4.7 the next time you visit Market (er. Play Store).

Play Store 3.4.7 has the working icon in the upper right corner of the App Tray.

... Thom
  15. AurJohn

AurJohn Well-Known Member

Edit, nevermind... it took a few minutes