Market vs App BrainSupport

Last Updated:

1. mobiledevice

mobiledevice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why is it that certain apps say that they need to be updated in App Brain, but the market doesn't report that these updates are available?

The major one is Touchdown. I see an update available in App Brain for it, but the market link it takes me to is the free trial page.

Today, App Brain pointed me to the google maps 4.4 update. Market didn't alert me of this update, but the market page for it seemed legit.

What gives with this?

Advertisement
  2. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Appbrain tends to update you faster since you're running the app. Every morning I run market and hit "downloads" to get my updates. I usually beat it to the punch of notifying me. I won't be notified until lunch if I didn't do it that way.

3. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Odd, Market on my DInc notified me of the Google Map update today. Maybe it was just a temporary reception issue.

4. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I love appbrain. Dont have anything else to say about that.

5. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed that too. Appbrain is always notifying me of updates. I only use Appbrain now. The new one click install OTA is awesome. Select the app I want and Appbrain will install it on my phone without me having to sync, download, or install. Very handy.

6. PearlRose

PearlRose Well-Known Member

I have my data set to only turn on when prompted. Since I don't visit either app frequently, I didn't know of the update til I saw this post.
    Just now logged into Market and my downloads, update is there. Once it's done I'll sync with App Brain, which I only use as an App backup logger.

7. ganesha71

ganesha71 New Member

Anyone noticed the difference in search results between AppBrain and Market? For example try searching for System Panel in both. In the Market it comes right up but in Appbrain it's no where to be found.I know technically it's SystemPanel but I would think AppBrain would be smart enough to find it with the added space.

8. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Realize Market is maintained by Google, the world lead in computer searching.

9. mobiledevice

mobiledevice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was unable to find the Touchdown update in the market, even under the downloads tab. But in App Brain it was there.

I went to the touchdown website to confirm the latest build just in case, and App Brain was correct. Market was wrong.

10. sr3tlaw

sr3tlaw Member

Well well, sounds like we all agree on something, the Google Market app needs to be a little more streamlined.