market + wifi = network connection failed?Support

Last Updated:

1. travva

travva Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone noticed this? Basically I turn wifi off, market comes up fine. Turn it back on and it doesn't come up but the browser works as expected. When I'm on wifi it just keeps saying network connection failed: retry or cancel.

Advertisement
  2. Darth_Penguin

Darth_Penguin Well-Known Member

I noticed this as well too. it doesn't seem to happen all the time but it has happened to me on occasion.

3. travva

travva Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks darth. i wonder if it's a new issue introduced after the update? i don't recall noticing it before and i keep wifi on most of the time, especially at home after work.

4. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

This mostly has happened to me when I hit the "downloads" button. It can take more than five tries sometimes, other times I get it on the first try.

5. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

I have had to turn off wifi to get to the markets downloads.

6. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

I as well can get into the market fine, but must turn off wifi to download. I've also had wifi interfere with installing a couple things like MyVerizon and Wavesecure. :confused:

7. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

I've only encountered this problem if I open the Market and realize my WiFi is not on, back out, turn it on, get back into the market and it fail to open. But, if I already have WiFi on, signal found and connected... I have no problem opening Market and doing all my downloads.

8. dark_overload

dark_overload New Member

This has recently started happening to me. I used iptables on my router to log all traffic from my phone while I started the market app with the wifi on. Nothing, not a single packet originated from my phone from the time I started market until the time I got the network error. Alternatively, using the browser logs a ton of packets. I hope someone from Google reads this because the issue lies in their code, and it is really starting to piss me off...