• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market Won't Update to Google Play Store?

_payge_

Lurker
Dec 24, 2015
Hello. I recently began using and HTC Evo 4G, and when I went to download apps I use on a daily basis, I couldn't. The App Store is named Market, which I know to be the older version of the current Google Play Store. I have tried something that was said to work, which It didn't I have tried restarting my phone, and doing the method which involves clearing the data then opening the app and so on. Neither of those worked. Why won't it update???

Update:

When I open the app, it acts like there isn't any update for the Market. There is no prompt or anything about an update.
Also, I am hoping not to use side apps.

Last edited:
perhaps you can do what's called "side loading" an app.

Yes, here is a full list of all versions of Google Play store.
download what you want, be sure to put the downloaded *.apk file in the \Downloads folder on the internal phone, not the extSDcard

You must go into Settings and turn ON, "install from unknown sources" or it won't work.

* Google Play Store APKs - APKMirror

Reactions: mydian and AMOCO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones