Marketplace acting weird ....

Last Updated:

1. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay...I have got BB 0.5 installed and everything was fine. Enjoyed this ROM pretty much all day yesterday. Today though, I am not able to use marketplace at all. I can open it and press menu and downloads and it shows me as have nothing downloaded. I can search apps but it doesn't show everything. I thought that maybe something might be wrong with the marketplace but then checked my wife's phone and there is nothing that I can find wrong with it on her phone.

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on and how to get this problem fixed?

Advertisement
  2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

I was having this problem also starting today.

Go to your setting-applications-manage applications-all apps-market app-clear cache and force stop. Now all should be right with the market.

3. BigHarryDroid

BigHarryDroid New Member

I tried the clear cache and force stop on the marketplace app, no luck. Still having weird results on marketplace.

4. istolvampire

Girluvsdroid(or something like that) said she goes to recovery and just clears Cache(not data) and that worked for her. Worth a try.

5. BenDroid

Okay, I understand that there might be quick clears and whatnot that could help remedy the problem but is this a problem that is more widespread than this. Out if the people here that are experiencing the same problems. Lets see if we have something in common to narrow this down for a fix.

I am using BB 0.5 with Slayher's 1.2 kernel. I believe that GirlLuvsDroid is using Slayhers as well and I know that Big Harry is (since I am the one who installed it). What kernel are you using Vamp?

6. istolvampire

Whatever came stock with BBv5. So that is 2.6.32.9-g10d848 according to the phone and clear cache worked fine.(for now) This kernel might have a name but I am to lazy to look it up right now.lol

7. BenDroid

The stock kernel is just that I believe....stock. it is the one that came with the 2.2 update. It may be enhanced some way by Pete but not from what can tell in the changelog.

I just reverted back to BB 0.4 and am going to try another fresh install. I did not notice the comments of clearing cache until afterwards. Either way, I hope that is something that I am going to have to do everyday ... that would get annoying.

8. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

Add me to the list of market problems

9. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

And add me to the list of cache clearing not working

10. BenDroid

Yea ... I did a fresh install of 0.5 and immediately got the same problem. All of my apps installed like they should have but I am still not able to view my downloads and also not able to get full search results when searching for an app.

Clearing cache through settings or recovery does nothing to fix it.

Going to try some other things and see what happens.

Ben

11. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

I stole this....

On your Droid, go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market Select clear data Reboot phone, Market should be fine now.