Marketplace *GONE* !Support

Last Updated:

1. Koidenshi

Koidenshi New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Android Version: 2.2, Baseband: 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2, Kernal 2.6.32.15-gd96f2c0htc-kernal@and18-2 #1 Build 2.14.207.1 CL233777 release-keys Software number 2.14.207.1

Network: O2
    Taskiller Used?: What?
    [Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: No idea.
    Issue:

I recently upgraded the phone, as requested (by my phone) to the latest version of Android. Problem was, when I clicked the link for Marketplace it said that the application no longer existed. I checked the programs list and it's not there - it's uninstalled itself!

I've Googled but I can't find a way to manually re-download the marketplace for my phone. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. CureMS

CureMS Well-Known Member

Don't know if this will help but I ran into something similar on a different phone. Did you click on the market icon on your home screen or from the applications screen? It may just be that the one on your home screen is taking you to the older version of the market which no longer exists on your phone. If you can access it from your applications, you can delete the one on your home screen and replace it with the new one.

3. Koidenshi

Koidenshi New Member This Topic's Starter

That was my first thought, but Market doesn't appear anywhere in the All Apps menu or the Manage Programs screen, so I don't think it's on the phone at all?
    Surely there must be a reinstaller somewhere though?

EDIT:
    Just went into Applications > Manage > All. Under "M", the only relevant entry is:
    Market Updater

It shows up as 0.0B for Total, Application, and Data (in other words, zero bytes, so nothing is there) and at the bottom under Permissions it reads:

This application can access the following on your phone:
    com.android.vending.permission.UPDATE_MARKET_FAILURE

All buttons for stop, uninstall etc are greyed out. Also, there is no entry for "Market", "Marketplace" etc anywhere in the list.

4. d.chatten

d.chatten Well-Known Member

I think the only way to solve this is to factory reset the phone. or maybe installing the market using an .apk file, i think i would go with a factory reset.