Martin Fields Overlay Plus Screen Protector (HTC Desire)Accessories

Last Updated:

1. AnthonyS

AnthonyS Active Member This Topic's Starter

Good Day,

I ordered a Martin Fields Overlay Plus Screen Protector (HTC Desire) from http://www.martinfields.co.uk/GB/MFOP-HTCDesire

I received this today and I would really like to know if I have been shipped a dud.

Firstly the protector fits the screen with a single circle at the bottom in the position the Nexus One would be, the overlay also covers the buttons at the bottom to the side of this circle opening. There is no camera cover as advertised.

Have I been shipped a dud or the wrong product? I have emailed them asking for feedback as it is clear what I have is not what is seen on the website or the packaging included!

Hope someone can help. :)

[e]Have attached a pic of the package[/e]

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Yeah thats an N1 cover, it definitely shouldn't cover the keys. See what reply you get from them as it doesn't seem any good for a desire.

AnthonyS likes this.
  3. AnthonyS

Hi lekky, thanks for confirming this. I have emailed them again and sent the picture. I hope they will arange to send out the correct product prompt, I am a big bit miffed by this.

4. oggietomas

oggietomas Active Member

Camera bit is the circle at the bottom, it peals off.

AnthonyS likes this.
  5. Mark One

Mark One Well-Known Member

I have one the same - as oggietomas says, the screen protector peels off the top area of the backing and is a pretty good fit.

AnthonyS likes this.
  6. AnthonyS

You guys are great :) I looked at the overall size vs the phone and (understandably) concluded it was the google screen..

I will email them to let them know I made a mistake, I am glad I posted though. [​IMG]

Thanks!

7. Dr Manhattan

Dr Manhattan New Member

I got my Martin Fields cover in the post today and it looks the same as yours. It fits fine and installing it was easy.

The quality seems really good. I don't notice it's there and that's just perfect for me.

8. Mark One

Mark One Well-Known Member

Clean the screen meticulously and try to get it on first time if you can or it's bound to get annoying dust / smudge. I failed to "commit" at the last minute and regretted it - however, you can clean it under the tap / remove particle with sellotape to get it right again if you do. Seems a pretty resilient

9. bakleth

bakleth Member

Glad you got it sorted out mate.

I'm in two minds about a screen protector. Of course, I want to protect the phone, but I've seen other phones with them on and it seems to either affect the touch screen or just look dull & crap, basically. Can anyone give a reccomendation for this, or any other ones?

10. AnthonyS

Looks fine when on, you can easily forget its there, touch works just the same. Well worth it.

11. oggietomas

oggietomas Active Member

Yeap def worth it, and its 100% clear so doesnt take anything from the screen look

12. Good Old Bakes

Good Old Bakes Well-Known Member

I ordered one yesterday from Gadgetwarehouse, and also a Zagg Maximum Invisible Shield from the Zagg website. I quite like the idea of the Invisible Shield malarkey but have been put off by peoples description of their screen protector. The Martin Fields screen protector seemed to be the better option so if you know anyone in the market for a Zagg screen protector, I'm their man... ;)

13. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

I had "invisible" screen protectors for my last two phones before the Desire and the screens looked better naked on both of them. With a beautiful OLED screen like the Desire has I wouldn't bother covering it.

14. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

I have ordered HTC ones but as of yet still waiting for them to be available.

Hope they are worth it.

15. oggietomas

oggietomas Active Member

After messing up bit that goes over the camera I emailed martinfields and congratulated them on great product but told them about my incident regarding small circle bit for camera . Got email back apologizing and they will send me replacement for free.
    Great customer service!

16. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Got my Martin Fields Desire ones yesterday, fit perfectly

17. oggietomas

oggietomas Active Member

After messing up bit that goes over the camera I emailed martinfields and congratulated them on great product but told them about my incident regarding small circle bit for camera . Got email back apologizing and they will send me replacement for free.
    Great customer service!

18. zafonic

Anyone know if i can order Martin Fields screen protector from a UK website?

19. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

20. Good Old Bakes

Good Old Bakes Well-Known Member

Aaaaaagggghhhhh..!!! Mine arrived today from Gadget Warehouse (Mobile Fun on Ebay I believe) but they've sent me the HTC Legend SP instead of the Desire one. :mad:

I'm sending it back in the morning but what with the Bank Holiday, I hope they can get a replacement to me before they sell out. :(

21. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

Fitted mine yesterday ,gotta say however that mine seems to have been diecut a little rough around the edges ,leaving a kind of rough raised edge to it ,albeit very very small.
    Was pleased to have nailed it in one go.

22. zafonic

Are the Martin Fields ultra clear? Do they also come with a protector for the back of the Desire? Can you also tell me if there is less reflection when looking at the screen as opposed to without one?

Cheers

23. biffa7777

biffa7777 New Member

Im after a zagg have you still got it??

24. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

What is the feel of the screen like after having it fitted?

I've ordered a similar screen cover from eBay it looks better than the cheapest ones on there and is reusable. Unfortunately out of all the Desire items I ordered this one hasn't arrived yet!

25. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

Very pleased with my protector ,no loss of sensitivity,hardly noticeable at all really,expensive but worth it,just waiting for my HTC pull up pouch and i`m set.