• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mass storage mode and windows vista/7

sl91

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
Hi,

I am facing the following issue. When I connect my new Galaxy S to my computer using the usb connection, I can see both the internal and external SD card (I use a sandisk Ultra 16GB card). However I can not open these disks. Windows refuses to open them. The right click on these disks in order to get their properties gives 0GB! So what is going wrong. Do the SD cards use a special format (linux ?) that windows can not see correctly ? Any response is welcomed.

I take chance of this message to give a short feedback of my first week with my galaxy S here in France. I got it from virginmobile operator. I have to say that this phone is amazing. What a screen ! My wife just purchased an iphone 4. By far I prefer the samsung's screen. Concerning the battery. One can go for one or two days without recharging. My feeling is that it is not shorter than the iphone's battery.

Best regards

sl91

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones