Massive Battery Drain.Support

Last Updated:

1. tromano

tromano Member This Topic's Starter

I've had this phone since Tuesday and it's not made it from morning to night one time. I am using it, yes, but I thought that was the point. My usual routine is wake up, check the twitter/facebook feeds, log in and check email, browse a few web pages, and get moving. today, i did all of that and took a walk and listened to a cd for an hour on the doubletwist player. i took a single photo. and made one very short phone call. it is nearly dead. it's been off the hook since 830 and it's only 3. I could do all this minus the music playing part on my blackberry, which was ancient 8830 and i would still have juice by midnight tonight. and it should be noted, blackberry constantly pushed my email--i have k9 set to manual, as i do with the facebook and twitter/social media widget. so that instantaneous access that's supposed to be so useful and exciting--i don't have it.

i've done all the usuals, turned off the bluetooth, the wifi radio, the 4g radio (the whole point of the damn phone), lowered screen brightness to the very lowest number, making it totally useless in bright daylight and i mean completely useless-can't see to answer a damn call), i have the screen lock to 15 seconds. i have the autosyncing off, i have the whole phone crippled, and it's about to die. does anyone have any suggestions? i was using launcher pro, but want to go back to the standard touchwiz--only bummer is i can't swap out the messaging icon for handcent which i installed over the regular msging app--because ppl said it uses less battery drain-- but not sure how to disable the old one.

i am using live wallpapers, but again, how much of a drain can they really be overall? i turned off the animations, blah blah blah

any suggestions? is this a lemon? will rooting make it better? will the new upcoming os make it better? or is 6 hours of usage all i can expect? srsly, i would like to know, because if that's the case, i will go back to the blackberry. i don't care how fancy the phone is, if you can't use all the fun things without it dying, then what's the point?

\rant.

please, help!

Advertisement
  2. kdan00

kdan00 New Member

My battery life is terrible also. I have to charge it twice a day. It stays on the charger overnight because it's dead when I go to sleep. My battery dies just in standby. The last couple of days at work it's been so busy I'll put it down at 8 when i get in and wont even get a chance to touch it till about 1 when I go to lunch and it will say to charge battery. Thats 5 hours of nothing, wifi and gps are turned off and i have nothing extra running in the background. Then I leave it plugged in the rest of the time which takes 4-5 hours to completely charge. Then at about 10-11 it needs to be charged again. I can't even use any of the features which I bought it for unless it's plugged in. I mean I wasn't expecting it to be as good as my curve on battery either but this seems pretty ridiculous.

3. MILcityBOI

MILcityBOI Well-Known Member

I don't know if you guys have your sync for Twitter/Facebook setup to check all the time but I leave for work @ 4:45 am and it's off the charger at like 4:30 am at least and doesn't go back on til' I go to bed at like 11 pm....I use advance task killer sometimes and I manually sync Twitter/FB to preserve power...I use the phone a lot during the coarse of the day too....

4. louiell

louiell New Member

I have barely used the phone at all and I'm getting 8-9 hours, that is with it being in standby with no programs running, and no background data use.

You guys have any tips. I have virtually everything disabled.

I need to get at least 24 hours on it with this type of usage.

5. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

for some reason .. "knock on wood" my battery life is amazing .. u go app happy ? them ****ers will drain ya and idk about atk as i read mixed reviews about it. stock program monitor is all I need

6. definer

definer New Member

Don't know that you'll get 24 hours but go to the Market and download JuiceDefender. There's a free version and an upgrade. I'm using the free version and have nearly doubled my battery life about 14 hours now.

Ken

7. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

Default settings?