• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Massive problems with clockwork

HTC desired

Jul 30, 2010
Hi there I have a massive issue with clockwork recovery (version 2.0.0.7) basically here are the issues
1) wiping battery status doesn't work at all, it just hangs and then restarts
2) when wiping a Rom to but a new one on it doesn't seem to work e.g all the bookmarks remain and WiFi connections

Does anyne have a step by step guide to reinstalling clockwork ( I know how to use adb so have no problem with commands ) so I can fix these problems ???

Many thanks

Hi there I have a massive issue with clockwork recovery (version 2.0.0.7) basically here are the issues
1) wiping battery status doesn't work at all, it just hangs and then restarts
2) when wiping a Rom to but a new one on it doesn't seem to work e.g all the bookmarks remain and WiFi connections

Does anyne have a step by step guide to reinstalling clockwork ( I know how to use adb so have no problem with commands ) so I can fix these problems ???

Many thanks

Your Google account retains a lot of information about yourset up to the re-install process. Are you sure its not Google? Your issues are pretty wierd if their related to 2.5.0.7.

Upvote 0
Your Google account retains a lot of information about yourset up to the re-install process. Are you sure its not Google? Your issues are pretty wierd if their related to 2.5.0.7.

I'm sure as certain parts are being restored even with a supposed "wipe" e.g my wallpaper and alarms and I'm running insertcoin and its randomly shutting itself down.

Upvote 0
thats better,

I was concerned you'd flashed an incompatible version of clockwork to the desire

if its 2.5.0.7 there shouldnt be a problem

do you have alpharev s-off or not? if you do then its easy to reflash recovery
if you dont then youll need to re run unrevoked 3.21

are you accessing recovery via rom manager or via voldown+power

Reactions: HTC desired
Upvote 0
thats better,

I was concerned you'd flashed an incompatible version of clockwork to the desire

if its 2.5.0.7 there shouldnt be a problem

do you have alpharev s-off or not? if you do then its easy to reflash recovery
if you dont then youll need to re run unrevoked 3.21

are you accessing recovery via rom manager or via voldown+power

No its was the one that has been included in unrevoked.

And yes I'm s off

Upvote 0
brillian if you are s-off then that makes your life easy

redownload 2.5.0.7 from here
http://mirror.kanged.net/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-bravo.img

put in in your android sdk tools folder (c:\android-sdk-windows\tools)

boot to fastboot (hold back and press power)
use the following command in cmd prompt (making sure you are in the tools directory cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools)

type the following

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-bravo.img

then see if its fixed it

Reactions: HTC desired
Upvote 0
brillian if you are s-off then that makes your life easy

redownload 2.5.0.7 from here
http://mirror.kanged.net/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-bravo.img

put in in your android sdk tools folder (c:\android-sdk-windows\tools)

boot to fastboot (hold back and press power)
use the following command in cmd prompt (making sure you are in the tools directory cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools)

type the following

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-bravo.img

then see if its fixed it

Will this work also for the AmonRa recovery 2.0.0 ?

Upvote 0
Excellent.

Edit : Ok i tried and failed :\ i posted a screenshot of the cmd below...

Edit 2 : my phone isn't s-off,is that important?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
alsoo use amonRA 2.0.1

if you are using the none s-off method you need to be on a sense rom and run unrevoked 3.14

I did try that,but nohtihng happened...it just got stcuk half way through with a msg " waiting for root" :(
I had/have Sense 2.2 rom ... tried with all versions of the app :(

Think im gonna do the s-off via Virtual Box and gonna use fastboot after...

Just one question if u guys know...what happens to my phone after i run the alpharev s-off? do i need to flash a new rom after? or do a nand then wipe and then restore? ...and after the s-off is completed,do i flash the new Rec,right after ?

p.s. i only found AmonRa 2.0.0. can u give the 2.0.1 link?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones