• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Master List For Accessories!

I have a Mercury case. I find it is grippy, however if your hands are a bit damp or wet it is pretty slippery. For the most part it's pretty good. I'm ordering a Diztronic soon too though just to see how it is.

So, I'd like to get one of the TPU cases. However, I'd like something that is a bit rubberized rather than slick plastic.

Seems like Diztronic, iBastion and Mercury are the most popular.. but which one is the least slippery?

BOb

Upvote 0
I buy this black rugged rigid case and this iq charger for my N4 ( from ebay ). Iam verry satisfied, both are all greate and good quality

Attachments

• 1369444768754.jpg
    1369444768754.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 1369444778596.jpg
    1369444778596.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
I bought this case Cruzerlite Androidified A2 TPU Case for LG Nexus 4 - Android Skin Cases - ShopAndroid. I had my n4 2 weeks, and was distracted when getting out of car, and dropped it face down with no case, and just killed bottom half of phone. Unlike other phones when you crack it, the bottom half didn't work anymore. I was so upset, but finally I had money for deductible and I ordered that case at same time. I recieved them, and still had old phone. So I put the case on the phone with the broken screen, and sent for a test run. I dropped it face down on concrete. Threw it all around from all heights. I even threw it off the dock at work, and this guy didn't let it get any damage. I of course guard my new phone with my life, but I know if an accident occurs I will be protected until I find the case I really want.

Upvote 0
I've had my spiderpodium (phone holder) for a little while now and love it. Its unobtrusive as it fits into my air vent, so my windscreen is totally free. So there's no marks on the windscreen either. I've got mine bent into a shape that allows for it to just slip in from above and be cradled underneath, so no faffing around with clamps. Plus mine is bright pink (other colours available) which looks great against the dark grey dashboard.

I'd previously bought one from play.com that turned out to be a copy, which quickly damaged. I then bought one direct from breffo and can see straight away its a better quality. If you search for discount codes you'll be able to get about 20% off.

I love my spiderpodium :)

Picture isn't mine, but shows it well

breffo-spiderpodium_10_610x405.jpg

Upvote 0
I've had my spiderpodium (phone holder) for a little while now and love it. Its unobtrusive as it fits into my air vent, so my windscreen is totally free. So there's no marks on the windscreen either. I've got mine bent into a shape that allows for it to just slip in from above and be cradled underneath, so no faffing around with clamps. Plus mine is bright pink (other colours available) which looks great against the dark grey dashboard.

I'd previously bought one from play.com that turned out to be a copy, which quickly damaged. I then bought one direct from breffo and can see straight away its a better quality. If you search for discount codes you'll be able to get about 20% off.

I love my spiderpodium :)

Picture isn't mine, but shows it well

breffo-spiderpodium_10_610x405.jpg

I just ordered one because of how much you like yours...also watched some video reviews...we'll see how it goes when it shows up.
I paid $15.99 with free shipping from Meritline.

Upvote 0
Two Reviews:
1:Google Nexus 4 Bumper (that came with my phone)
2:Distronic TPU mat black case

Bumper:Free, so great, the earphone hole was too small for the audio cable in my car. I will hunt for a audio cable that has a narrower foot print. The usb cable fit fine. Case fit well and the buttons worked just like it was naked.

TPU: 10 bucks delivered on Amazon. Fit great, but the usb port cutout was too small for the charger in my car. You need a little extra effort to push the power and volume buttons. It's funny, because I had this exact same case for my GNex and the buttons were fine.

So for me, neither of these cases were prefect. I can probably work around the usp and headphone issues, but not the hard push for the buttons. I will keep looking. for a full case because I want the back protected.

Upvote 0
for the $12.99- Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin...does it just protect from scratches and just really protect the glass or does it also protect for small drops? is it worth it? I figure it is good because it is all clear so the good looking phone won't be hidden but I want decent protection as well.

thanks

I bought the "Ringke fusion" clear back so doesn't hide the pretty stuff, great fit and nice in the hand, protects the glass back and seems to be solid around the edges, has little nubs on one end at the back.So far bare fronted and careful. Haven't dropped the phone, so can't say what the result would be.
Pretty cool case.

Upvote 0
Anyone tried the Crystalusion screen wipes?

Seems like they're pretty decent but there's mixed reviews on Amazon, but then a few sites have reviewed them and said that they're great.

Yeah, I have heard that the buttons are not reactive enough with this case, I can't say I've experienced that, seem to have a good feel and easy to operate.
Only problem is that the small nubs on the phone itself mean a gap between the phone and case which is not obvious, but noticed the odd air bubble appears at times just around the "Nexus" emblem, very tiny and as I regularly take the case off to clean it and phone, it is not really a major. Besides i think this would be a problem with any case on the "nubbed" N4. At least it's visible with this one and could be a good indication that it's time for a clean?

Upvote 0
Data Point re; the Ringke Fusion case

The 3 month old N4 I just bought is coming from the seller with one so of course, I went and sniffed it out. :p

I waded through at least 200 of the reviews on Amazon where it's got a 4 star rating.

There was one girl (imagine my complete unshockednicitiness) who Did manage to drop her N4 with the case on and shattered the front.

There were 5 or 6 More in those 200 reviews who said they had dropped the phone in the case Numerous times, many onto concrete, with NO damage.

Re; Marks from the cases on the bezel.

It's a pretty simple situation to me. If you want MAX protection at the price of a little bulk, and NO chance for marks on the phone, get the two piece hybrid with the rubber layer on the inside. If you value style over the scratched bezels then go for this Ringke.

I am beginning to think that a product of a case that Securely holds the phone is some marking on the bezel (Except for the 2 piece hybrid cases) and I DON'T think that's even Mainly the fault of the cases. (See Genuine Simulated Metal Plastic) At least if the phone comes with a smudge on the bezel And a decent case, you've got a pretty good clue the phone has LIVED in that same decent protection case.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones