Master/Main Contact Name (Can Change?)Support

Last Updated:

1. sugardaddy

sugardaddy Member This Topic's Starter

I have two email addresses for a particular contact. One is to email their phone (e.g. 9995551212@vtext.com) and the other is the real email address. I want keep them as separate Google contact entries.

But the problem is that the name that the linking software has chosen to represent the account is the one for the SMS-email (e.g. "Bob Smith SMS Email").

I want the name that I see in various contact lists to just be "Bob Smith".

The thing is that the account with the normal email and phone number is the one set as the default, so I know the Droid is not picking up the name of the default account and using it as the "main" name.

I remember once, when I was linking and unlinking accounts, that it asked me what name to use as the main name. But I can't figure out how to get back to that.

Advertisement
  2. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Sounds like you'd be better off posting in tips and tricks maybe? I'll move it over to see if we can get you more help

3. sugardaddy

I guess another way of saying this is... "Where does the DInc get the name it displays as the main contact name?"

Thanks for any help!

4. mobiledevice

mobiledevice Well-Known Member

go into your google contacts on your PC and change the name there

why do you want the person's email and sms to be separate contacts? I can't come up with a reason why you would want that.

5. sugardaddy

Firstly, thanks for your help.

Secondly... Well, actually the secondary email address example I gave was a bad one. I actually do store the SMS email with the main record. The one I don't store with the main record is the email address for that contact's Facebook wall image post.

But why one might want to have two records for one person is really irrelevant. I'm certain there are other cases where one would have two records. And so I'm interested in learning how to control which name shows up (if, in fact, that is possible).