• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Math Scramble Game

A very simple math game. You need to find an equation from 25 number balls to match the target number.

I got 7300 as as highest score after many try^^. It's free so give a try.

Android 1.5 or above.

help-200x300.png

chart1.png

I like the concept, but the rules need more clarification.

E.G. The goal was (-4). I clicked (1) - (2) x (4), which was not taken as a solution.

E.G. The goal was (-6). I clicked (1) - (4) - (3), which was not taken as a solution.

E.G. The goal was (5). I clicked (4) - (3) x (5), which was not taken as a solution.

1. by math rules the answer is -7
2. cant explain that one
3. technically the answer is -11, again by math "rules"

(multiplication and division first then addition and subtraction)

Upvote 0
1. I played a little more. So far, there was an instance of the goal being (-2). So I started to link (2)-(4)x(1) [for a longer solution] but as soon as I clicked the first two the game's goal (but not mine) was of course achieved, but at the expense of my length bonus. The app might allow a double click to mean 'not yet, I have more to type'. A triple click toggles this.

2. Although the score is easy to see at the top, I find the goal is relatively hard to read both because it's farther away from the grid and it has a lower contrast background. I propose it should be the other way around - goal at top with better contrast; score at bottom.

3. Since the grid gets covered up when the timer runs out, there's no way for the player to confirm the existence of a missed solution. Because the app knows the solution I would enjoy it better if the app showed a sample missed solution as a courtesy (replacing the player's choices), along with a 'click me' to reach the score player-name entry dialog.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones