• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mau5 Themed AOSP **updated 3/3/11**

OMJ

Bazinga
Nov 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
It is a full Aosp build and not just the theme. Its built from jt1134's source

Currently this is based off the same source as JT's vanilla

Donate to Jt1134

This is a port of Mau5 by Prash. Donate to Prash

Mau5's website can be found here

I augmented Chris Soyars vendor to work with Jt's source and edited some other images to match the theme.

Donate to Chris Soyars

**Credit to Sbrissen for general awesomeness.

Now for some Screen Shots

home.png
lockscreen.png

menu.png
powercontrol.png

pulldown.png
settings.png

Some other notes:

Battery percentage doesnt work well with the battery icons. Turn it off in spare parts. Sometimes you have to toggle it on and off to get it to really turn off.

Reboot is required for the above change to take affect.

Kernel is no longer included in this build since voodoo is out. Flash one of the kernels below along with the rom.

This rom will work with the new orange clockworkmod as well as the more widely used red clockworkmod

Mau5 03/03/11
Aosp kernel (RFS)
Aosp Voodoo Kernel
gapps-03/03/11

Someone should take this and bring it back to reality, aka tweak the neon colors to better looking ones that don't rape the eyes, and change/fix some of the icons. But otherwise I love this being that deadmau5 is my favorite artist of all time. If it ever gets cleaned up, I'll donate a case of Amberbock to that wonderful fellow.

Upvote 0
this theme has been out for awhile on other, more popular phones...if there was an issue it would have come up already

Thanks for testing nitsuj17, and thanks for working on this OMJ.

Have you heard of anybody having trouble going from AOSP and then back to SC 2.7v? I want to try this asap, but a little nervous about recent SC stories. I think it is only conversion problems though.

Upvote 0
Thanks for testing nitsuj17, and thanks for working on this OMJ.

Have you heard of anybody having trouble going from AOSP and then back to SC 2.7v? I want to try this asap, but a little nervous about recent SC stories. I think it is only conversion problems though.

As far as I know all the problems are when converting voodoo. If you are on voodoo and plan to stay there or on rfs and plan to stay there you shouldnt have issues.

Adryn is likely gonna go back to amend for now like I did until someone comes up with a solution. So with 2.8 and above there should not be issues.

Reactions: PeterGunz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones