• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Max camera apps????

robertj298

Jul 12, 2011
I've only had a couple days to play with my new Max and I like everything about it except....the camera. It may take fine photos but compared to my old samsung galaxy s3 the camera app sucks. There seems to be no way to control resolution, iso or anything else for that matter. Is there an app. that will help with making basic camera adjustments?

There's nothing you can do physically to make the camera better. Thom suggested a great looking app that will allow you to use some great photo editing features and it looks quite nice. I use a similar one that is free called Camera MX which offers live effects, overlays and photo editing tools. They also have a cloud storage which you can sign up for (though I believe that's where they'll ask you for money).

Upvote 0
To get to the settings ... with the camera active ... swipe right ... a curved menu appears, One of the items shows you how to focus.

... Thom

I'm talking about real camera settings such as these that were on my galaxy s3
Scene mode
Resolution
Auto Contrast
Exposure Compensation
White Balance
Guidelines
Focus Mode
ISO
Self-Timer
Metering Mode

Upvote 0
The only decent settings are to to turn on "control focus and exposure", which will put a focus/white balance control on the screen that you can drag to the place in the view that you want to be used for focus/white balance. You can also toggle HDR mode on, off and auto. Otherwise, the stock camera app works just the way a super-majority of people want a phone camera app to work - point and shoot.

The Google Camera app allows manual exposure control, self-timer, and changes to resolution. There are plenty of other camera apps in the Play Store as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones